Sun, Aug 29|
Squash Blossom Farm
Queen B - Pizza & Musical Deal!!
Feast upon our delicious wood-fired pizza while you listen to the music of True North, followed by the adventurous , futuristic, outdoor musical, Queen B!
Time & Location
Aug 29, 2021, 4:00 PM – 7:45 PM
Squash Blossom Farm, 7499 60th Ave NW, Oronoco, MN 55960, USA
About the Event
Make it a full evening of scrumptious music, theater and food! First, enjoy the great vocal harmonies and accomplished guitar of True North as you feast upon our wood-fired pizza under the shade of two huge maple trees. Afterwards, immerse yourself in an exciting new work of honeybee futurism, Queen B!
One reservation entitles you to a pizza (usually plenty for 2 people) and two tickets to Queen B. Order additional pizza & music here and additional tickets to Queen B here. Parking and pizzas are limited, so reserve early!
ABOUT QUEEN B:
The year is 2121. Honeybees are now extinct.
Now the only hives are the ones that humans have built for themselves.
It’s not the next revolution – it’s the one after.
100 years into the future, cities have sealed themselves under holographic domes to protect themselves from the inhospitable climate. Yet, when the robo-bee population begins to die off like their honeymaking ancestors, the fate of this new society rests upon the fading memories of the last living beekeeper, a (former?) revolutionary who goes by the name Queen B.
Written by Elle Thoni, composed by Damuen Strange, and buzzing with the sonic imagination of a multi-talented ensemble under the direction of Harry Waters Jr., QUEEN B is a fun & uplifting new outdoor musical dripping with honeybee futurism.
ABOUT SUMMER SUNDAYS PIZZA & MUSIC of TRUE NORTH
- Parking is no longer allowed along the road (Olmsted County will ticket and tow your car!) We have limited parking in our pasture, so please try to share rides and be sure to park within the indicated spaces.
- Come to the pizza cart in front of the barn to confirm your order and select your toppings from our meat or vegetarian pizza creations. Pizzas will be made starting at 4 p.m. in the order the pizza orders are confirmed at the cart.
- Cold beverages, appetizers and homemade ice cream sandwiches are available for purchase at the farm.
- We have some seating, but you may wish to bring your own comfy lawn chair.
- You may bring a bottle of wine or beer if you wish.
- We request that you haul out any trash or recycling that you bring in and help keep our farm tidy.
- Visit the farm's donkeys, goats, chickens, and gardens (but do not go into their enclosures or feed them.)
- Don't miss the fairy garden, Fish Gazebo pond and Vardo! You are also welcome to enjoy the yard games.
We prepare a limited number of gluten-free pizza crusts each week (order GF Pizza.) Note: We are primarily a bakery, milling and baking with flour. Flour is probably in the air of our kitchen. We carefully prepare your gluten-free crust but cannot guarantee zero exposure to gluten.
Please do not bring your dog!
There are often many small children in attendance, and we have a lot of farm animals and 3 friendly farm dogs who do not appreciate other dogs on the farm.
Parents, please keep a close eye on your children - it is the nature of farms to have potential hazards such as electric fences, ponds, and livestock. Please do not allow children to chase the chickens and do not share your pizza or other people food with the animals.
Thank you for visiting Squash Blossom Farm - we hope you find the pizza delicious, the entertainment delightful, and that you have a wonderful, relaxing time!
QueenB Pizza & Performance pac
+$1.25 Service fee
This ticket includes one 14" pizza with your choice of toppings, teh music of True North, and two tickets to Queen B.
+$1.25 Service fee0